Monday 28 October 2013

Vampires - Beyond Twilight

Keeping with this week's Halloween theme, I thought I should make today's post about vampire movies.

Vampires have regained popularity over the past few years with the success of the Twilight movies. I have to be honest with you, I really have no interest in watching the Twilight films as they send the wrong message to young girls.

The vampire movies that I like include films such as:

The Lost Boys (Not just a great film - it also has a wonderful soundtrack. I have watched this many times and always wondered what happened to Jason Patric)

From Dusk Till Dawn (A Rodriguez classic - again easy multiple viewings are possible)

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (Not just because it has Brad Pitt - it is actually quite true to the spirit of the book)

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Cannot go wrong with Francis Ford Coppola and the magnificent cast in this film)

Nosferatu (For those who enjoy a good silent film - this one is really well done given the technology available at the time)

Daybreakers (A really good movie with a good cast - Ethan Hawke is very much an underrated actor)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I was also a big fan of the series that spun off as a result of the film. The script is wonderful and the actors do a good job with it)

The Hunger (The Tony Scott version (may he rest in peace). It is a heavily stylised film which I found beautiful to watch. I will admit that it won't appeal to everyone)

Thirst (my preference is for the Korean version over the remake)

Let the Right One In (my preference is for the original over the remake)

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (for those looking for a so bad it's good Snakes on a Plane style Vampire movie)

Marebito (Because all scary movie lists should feature at least one Japanese film)

That's it for today. It should be enough to get you started. Any glaring omissions - let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments below are made by anyone and may not be indicative of the bloggers own thoughts.