Thursday 10 October 2013

All About Food

You know the films that I am talking about. These are the ones that you watch and walk out of hankering for Chinese/French/Spanish food purely because of the foods you have seen consumed in the film. For me, after watching Eat Drink Man Woman, I couldn't get down to BBQ King in Chinatown fast enough and Chocolat inspired me to hunt down a source of chilli chocolate in Sydney. I have to say my preference is for my chocolate to be sans chilli  - the taste isn't really my thing - although I do like other food to have a good coating of chilli.

There are so many films that fit the bill of inspiring people to eat the food consumed in them. Below I have a list of some that I would recommend to people that have a food fetish.

Babette's Feast
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (also for those that like stylish costumes - Gaultier designed all of them)
Like Water for Chocolate
Spanglish (A rare occasion where Adam Sandler is not a "Billy Madison" character)
Le Grande Bouffe
Mostly Martha
Julie & Julia
Tampopo (It will make you want to eat a Japanese meal afterwards)
Big Night
Ratatouille
Chocolat
No Reservations (quite a cheesy movie but great food visuals)
Udon (Again, it will make you want to eat Japanese food)
Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?
Eat Drink Man Woman - perhaps order Chinese takeout before watching this one - or at least have a Chinese restaurant booked for immediately after it.

I am not going to pretend that this list is by any means complete. It really is just a sample for those looking for a film with food as a major theme in the film.

Which film is your favourite when it comes to food? Let me know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments below are made by anyone and may not be indicative of the bloggers own thoughts.