Tuesday 1 October 2013

Guilty Pleasures

A friend of mine recently went and saw Pacific Rim at the movies and when I asked him what it was like he said it was a film that rehashed special effects from Transformers, had an incredibly far-fetched storyline, terrible acting and a cliched script. He loved it.

There are films out there that you know are bad but you love watching them nonetheless. My guilty pleasure is Starship Troopers. I always pictured Casper Van Diem as a candidate to play Superman. He really is very easy on the eyes, especially in Starship Troopers and it, like Pacific Rim, has a less than plausible storyline, predictable script and acting that makes critics blush with embarrassment but I love it. I have seen it no less than ten times now and have enjoyed it each time.

Other films that could be considered guilty pleasures include Battleship, Independence Day, The Chase, Showgirls, Con Air, Coyote Ugly, The Rock, Road House, Twilight and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.

I am excluding deliberately poorly made low budget films like Attack of The Killer Tomatoes!, Plan 9 from Outer Space and more recently Sharknado as they are there own specific genre and so are not what I would consider to be guilty pleasures.

What are your guilty pleasures? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments below are made by anyone and may not be indicative of the bloggers own thoughts.