Thursday 24 October 2013

Road Trip

Hello, Today's post is not based on the movie, Road Trip although it is worth including as a one to watch if you are a fan of teen films, this post is based on the road movie genre.

There are several great road trip style movies out there that are comedies, thrillers and dramas that are definitely worth a watch. Some of my favourites include:

Thelma & Louise - not just for a very young, hot Brad Pitt - the acting and scenery in this film is wonderful.

Easy Rider - some of the footage is a little dated now but an interesting glimpse of 60s American culture

Road Trip - just an easy laugh and a couple of classic scenes

Planes, Trains & Automobiles - one for the whole family to enjoy

The Muppet Movie - again one the whole family will enjoy - the soundtrack is still good after all these years

The Sure Thing - easily one of my favourite John Cuzack movies - I have seen this film many times and have enjoyed it each time

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - I do love Johnny Depp and I will readily admit this film will not appeal to everyone but I enjoyed it.

The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert - as an Australian, I love this movie - it does highlight the differences between rural and big city Australia

The Chase - this one is a personal favourite of mine because the storyline is less than plausible but the cast is fantastic and they really do a good job with the script.

The Motorcycle Diaries - a really, really wonderful film

Little Miss Sunshine - I was in stitches watching this film from the opening scene right to the end

News from the Good Lord (Des Nouvelles du bon Dieu) - if you like offbeat and interesting movies - this one is definitely for you. I saw this film very late one night on the Australian television channel SBS - I think it was the cult film of the week and have not been able to track down a copy since but I loved it. The whole premise of the movie is unusual and it is really well put together. If you can get your hands on a copy - watch it.

Smokey and the Bandit - bit of fun with Burt Reynolds

I am not going to pretend this is a complete list - just one to get you started if you like the genre. Any that you think I should include, let me know. If anyone is aware of any Asian road movies, let me know. I would love to watch a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments below are made by anyone and may not be indicative of the bloggers own thoughts.