Thursday 17 October 2013

Actors that rarely make a bad film: Don Cheadle

After thinking about yesterday's post about films with a great soundtrack ending with Boogie Nights, I was then reminded of the fact that Don Cheadle was in that film and what an under-rated actor he is.

I will be the first to admit that I haven't seen every film Don Cheadle has been in but I will say that he is a real chameleon who is going to be remembered for having not been typecast into any specific type of role throughout his career.

The man has done serious, fun and interesting work over the almost three decades the man has been acting and has featured in some of my favourite movies.

Below is the list of films that include Don Cheadle in a credited role that I really think are worth a watch. That said, if you discover a film has Don Cheadle in it, you generally can't go wrong.

Hamburger Hill (for those into realistic Vietnam war films)

Colors (crime drama with a good ensemble cast)

Roadside Prophets (off beat road movie that is really worth a watch)

Things to do in Denver when your Dead (I loved this film - the cast is exceptional and the script is wonderful)

Devil in a Blue Dress (Pretty good but not as good as Things to do in Denver - good performances by Denzel Washington and Don Cheadle)

Rosewood (Not an easy film to watch and it is based on a true story. That said, it is a good film if you can make your way through it)

Boogie Nights (I love this film, the entire cast are wonderful and I was hoping this film would resurrect Burt Reynolds career but it didn't)

Bulworth (A film that I think was ahead of its time. A great political satire)

Out of Sight (Dare I say a good film with Jennifer Lopez - fun and doesn't require a huge amount of thinking)

Traffic (I love this film - it is heavy going and quite long so may not appeal to everyone - wonderful ensemble cast)

The United States of Leland (Great little movie - definitely worth a watch - great cast)

Crash (awesome film - quite challenging to watch)

Hotel Rwanda (Again awesome film that is challenging to watch)

Traitor (two of my favourite actors (i.e. Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce) - good crime drama)

That's my list to get you started. Are there glaring omissions? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments below are made by anyone and may not be indicative of the bloggers own thoughts.