Monday 25 November 2013

Lawyers

I was thinking about Boston Legal this morning and what a wonderful television series it was loosely centred around the legal profession. I would hate to think that lawyers actually behave as per the series - the office banter was incredibly well scripted. At any rate, it has inspired this mornings post which is movies that feature lawyers that are worth watching.

Liar Liar - I really enjoyed this Jim Carrey film. He is a wonderful actor and he really plays his character well in this film. An easy Friday night family film.

The Rainmaker - again, a wonderful story well executed by a great cast. Definitely makes for good viewing.

To Kill a Mockingbird - this classic is a good adaptation of the book. Wonderful performances by Gregory Peck and the rest of the cast.

Philadelphia - I cried my eyes out in this film. Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington are wonderful with their performances. It is quite a long film so be prepared to sit down for a while.

Legally Blonde - I prefer the first film to the sequel. It looks like a chic flick but it is so much more than that. Really clever film and I can watch it over and over and enjoy it.

My Cousin Vinnie - Marissa Tomei won an oscar for her performance in this film. It is great and very easy to watch.

The Castle - I couldn't have this list without including this Australian classic. The court room scenes in this are priceless. If you are Australian and haven't seen this film, you are really missing out.

The Lincoln Lawyer - Matthew McConaughey is finally starting to star in films that really showcase his talent as an actor and not just a piece of meat for the screen. I loved him in this and in Magic Mike (I really felt he should have received an oscar nomination for his work in Magic Mike - he really excelled) and more recently Mud. This film is definitely worth a watch, not just for Matt but the rest of the cast really work well together in this film.

A Time to Kill - Another Matthew McConaughey movie with a wonderful cast including Sandra Bullock, Samuel L Jackson and Kevin Spacey. Easily viewing.

Michael Clayton - George Clooney does a wonderful job in this film. Definitely worth a watch.

The Verdict - this Paul Newman film is a masterpiece. Wonderful acting from him and the rest of the cast. Definitely worth a watch.

Breaker Morant - another great Australian film which crosses over between war movie and legal film. Wonderful acting by the cast. A really good watch even today.

Ace Attorney - this Japanese film is based on a video game and may not appeal to everyone. I enjoyed it. It is an easy watch.

Class Action - I really enjoyed this movie. I thought Gene Hackman and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio were wonderful in this film. Engaging easy Friday night viewing.

Genealogies D'un Crime - this French film will not appeal to all. I happened to enjoy it. Catherine Deneuve was wonderful in this.

Tell No One - I wasn't sure whether to include this in the lawyer category as it crosses into a few professions. It is definitely a thriller worth watching.

That's it for this post. I know there are several others that could be included on this list but this is just to get you started. Do you have a favourite lawyer film? If so, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments below are made by anyone and may not be indicative of the bloggers own thoughts.