Sunday 1 December 2013

Westerns

Hello All. I hope you had a lovely weekend. Today's post is that of the Western. There are several wonderful Western's out there worth watching. Below are a few of my favourites.

Django Unchained - I wasn't sure whether I would include this as a "western" per se but I love the film so have included it anyway.

True Grit - the Cohen Brothers did a wonderful job with this film. It is definitely worth watching.

Ulzana's Raid - I watched this when I was at university and it breaks pretty much every rule of a western. That said, it is phenomenal viewing.

The Searchers - The first of a couple of John Wayne movies that I think are worth viewing.

Stagecoach - this old John Ford movie is a classic. The script and cast are wonderful. Also features John Wayne.

Unforgiven - It took me a while to get around to seeing this one. It is quite a long film. That said, the film is beautiful to watch.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly - Two reasons to watch this film - the first is that it is directed by Sergio Leone - the king of the spaghetti western, the second is Clint Eastwood is great in this film.

Cat Ballou - I really enjoyed this musical western. Jane Fonda and Lee Marvin are wonderful in this light hearted film.

Blazing Saddles - while on the comedic bend, this movie is a fun watch.

Last of the Mohicans - I like this film because it is breaks with Western convention and Daniel Day Lewis is great in it. It is quite a long film but if you like long movies then give it a go.

Gunfight at the O.K Corral - while it is incredibly loosely based on a true story, the cast are wonderful in this film.

Little Big Man - this is quite a long film but well worth a watch. The performances are wonderful.

City Slickers - I had to include this because I like Billy Crystal and this film made me giggle. Jack Palance is wonderful in this film. He steals the show at times.

My Name is Nobody - this Sergio Leone film is a great watch. Very funny. Loved it.

That's it for today. Do you have a favourite Western that is not on the list, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments below are made by anyone and may not be indicative of the bloggers own thoughts.